Course Instructor: Shaykh Dr. Abul Hasan Hussain Ahmed
(view teacher bio here)
12-month course (90 minute once-monthly sessions held on the last Sunday of each month)
The first & most important thing we should focus on & learn are our core Islamic beliefs. This course is an excellent opportunity to get to know your religion properly in an easily digestible manner. This course is suitable for beginners and advanced students who are interested in learning more about their beliefs along with textual proofs.
Break-down of the twelve sessions:
1) Beliefs relating to Allāh and Tawhīd
2) Allāh's Names, Attributes and Speech (kalām)
3) Beliefs related to Prophethood and its Finality
4) Beliefs related to the Angels
5) Beliefs related to the Divinely Revealed Books; Life in the Grave; and Accountability
6) Beliefs related to the Signs Before the Day of Judgement; the Descent of Prophet 'Īsā ('alayhi 'l-salām); the Arrival of the awaited Imām al-Mahdī; Dajjāl; the Beast; Ya'jūj and Ma'jūj etc.
7) The Sahābah (companions) and their special status in Islām along with a refutation of those who denigrate them
8) Īmān, its branches and relation to Islām
9) The definition of Qadr (fate); Kufr (disbelief) along with its types; and Atheism
10) Sectarianism and how to determine the Saved Group using Textual Proofs
11) A survey of the various Historical Sects throughout Islamic History and modern-day Extremism afflicting the Muslim Ummah
12) Unity on the Truth; the necessity of adhering to Correct Islamic Beliefs; and adherence to a School of Creed and Jurisprudence
This is a 12 month course starting on the 29th September 2019 (followed thereafter by subsequent sessions on the last Sunday of each month). Lessons will start at 6:00pm and will run for 90 minutes.
Open to Brothers & Sisters (dedicated facilities for sisters)
Madrasah discounts and group discounts are available for this course (please enquire)